When testing is done and theme zip package is created you need to verify whether it works correctly.
First, please setup test environment, which is a separate, clean, wordpress site.
Then install the theme package via admin panel by uploading it in Appearance > Themes. Do not checkout the theme from GIT repository for testing purposes, because it won’t verify whether the theme can be installed via admin panel, which is the most common way of installing the theme by customers.
Follow the documentation and displayed informations about installing recommended plugins, etc.
Import the Demo Content.
- Check if all images are imported correctly (if we have any 404 in Console - this needs to be fixed)
- Check if all styles are loaded correctly and your test site looks exactly the same as demo.
- Check if navigation menu is setup and displayed correctly.
- Check responsiveness.
- Check if WooCommerce/Contact Form 7/any other plugins related components are working properly.
- Check if you are able to install and activate all plugins attached to the package (make sure that you don’t have any of these plugins installed on your test environment first)